Sump Pump Repair Service in Seattle, WA
Having a sump pump in Seattle can be a convenience and a benefit in many ways, but it can also mean a flooded basement if you aren’t careful. At Raymark Plumbing & Sewer, our sump pump repair services and products help to ensure that you won’t have to deal with such a situation any time soon.
Avoiding Sump Pump Repairs
The following are some common issues that we see with sump pumps in Seattle, as well as what you can do to avoid a sump pump repair.
- Frozen Discharge Pipe – Your discharge pipe must be pitched properly or the water inside of it will collect and freeze. Unfortunately, nothing will be able to get through and will come back down into your basement. A proper installation to begin with, or a repair for an installation gone wrong, will help you dodge this.
- Outdated Units – A sump pump isn’t something that you wait around for it to quit working. In order to avoid a problem with your pump, have it inspected when it is about five years old, and have it replaced when it is between five and seven years old.
- Overworked Pump – Different sump pumps function differently and will need the right amount of horsepower to work correctly. A pump that is overworked will malfunction. Speak to the plumbing professionals to determine what size of pump you need to avoid this.
- Power Outage – Your sump pump needs power in order to work properly. With a power outage, it could malfunction, which results in the flooded basement. To avoid this, invest in a backup pump.
- Sticking Switches – A sump float switch can come in various types. Tethered floats are beneficial, but can get stuck in the sump pit. Mechanical switches can also become a problem sometimes simply because they are mechanical. Using a vertical float and/or having the switches inspected yearly will help you avoid further problems.
Sump Pump Repair Cost
If you’re experiencing problems with your sump pump, you should never delay consulting with a plumbing technician. Why? Because a well-functioning sump pump plays a crucial role in keeping your home’s interior as dry as possible. You do not want to face the risks of a chronically damp home. You may wonder how much a sump pump service call will cost. Unfortunately, sump pump repair costs vary. Generally speaking, higher-powered pumps cost more to repair or replace. In addition, cost varies according to where you live and who you call. Most homeowners can expect to pay somewhere between $300 and $500. More extensive repairs will, naturally, cost more than this.
Do you have questions about sump pump repair? Call Raymark Plumbing!
Sump Pump Installation Services
Are you considering installing a sump pump in your home? If so, you need to know some key facts. First, the average cost to install a sump pump is $1200 — this figure could be more or less, depending on where you live and your technician’s level of experience. It’s important to note that a submersible sump pump will likely cost more to install than a pedestal sump pump. This is because a submersible sump pump forces your technician to create a drainage system for your entire home. Do you have questions about sump pump installation? Don’t hesitate to contact Raymark Plumbing!
Emergency Sump Pump Repair
No matter how well you care for your sump pump, sometimes, things happen! Be on the lookout for common sump pump problems — so that you know when to call a plumbing technician. Here are three situations to avoid if possible:
- Incorrectly installed pump. When a sump pump is not installed properly, it can cause a host of problems.
- Lack of maintenance. A sump pump should be run every few months; otherwise, it will likely malfunction.
- Power failure. It’s important to have a backup generator, in the event that the power goes out and your sump pump can’t function.
Do you have questions about emergency sump pump repair? Call Raymark Plumbing to hear more about our services!
What is the most common cause of sump pump failure?
There are a handful of reason why a sump pump typically fails. We often see sump pump failure following a power outage or when it the pump becomes overwhelmed and ceases to function. Since sump pumps are reliant on electricity to operate, it’s essential to have a generator in place to ensure that your sump pump continues to work even if the power fails.
Should I get a cast iron or thermoplastic sump pump?
In this business, we know that no two sump pumps are the same. Generally speaking, a plastic sump pump will be the less expensive system to purchase but will cost more in the their lifetime because plastic parts will have to be replaced and repaired. A cast-iron sump pump could very well outlive several comparable plastic pumps, making them the better long-term investment. Give us a call to see which option is best for you.
Contact Raymark Plumbing & Sewer Today
For more information about what you can do to avoid a sump pump repair in Seattle, contact us today. If you are experiencing a flood, let us take care of the problem. Give us a call today at 206-440-9077 or fill out our online form to get in touch.
Call Us now for a Free Estimate *
*Restrictions may apply