A room or entire home remodel are exciting projects. When planning a bath or kitchen remodel, Raymark recommends hiring a general contractor. A smaller plumbing project may not require a general contractor. In this case, call us to schedule a plumber for assistance.
Your General Contractor
The general contractor is the project manager and the liaison between all of the professionals hired. For this reason, your contractor is key. As you know, the professional builder, electrician, plumber, tiler, and painter all work collaboratively. In order to minimize expenses, time, and dependencies on others, scheduling must be coordinated between all parties.
To that end, your contractor is responsible for scheduling these resources and for ordering the materials needed. The contractor will plan, schedule, and ensure all work is coordinated seamlessly so that the finished results match your plan. In addition, he or she must complete the remodel within your budget and in the planned time frame.
Raymark Plumbing and Sewer has worked with thousands of Seattle homeowners and their contractors over the last 40 years. Together, we’ve created beautiful and efficient bathrooms, kitchens, laundry rooms, powder rooms, outdoor shower and pool rooms, and more.
Tips for Planning a Remodel
- A remodel should never be an emergency. We recommend you plan and plan. (And plan.)
- Visit kitchen and bathroom showrooms. Note what you like and dislike about them. It is equally important to tell your contractor and architect what you want and don’t want. The planning stage is the time to ask questions and make changes.
- Note prices. Many faucets, sinks, and toilets come in good, better, and best models. Choose the ones which fit into your budget. You can change out a toilet or a faucet in 10 years if you want to upgrade.
- Consider under counter and over counter sinks
- Determine if new cabinets can be installed or the old ones can be refurbished
- Consider the location. The project becomes larger if the existing kitchen and bath plumbing will be moved to a new location.
- Work with your contractor to schedule Raymark Plumbing and Sewer to help with your Seattle area remodel. If you don’t have a contractor, we can recommend one that we work with on a regular basis.