Water leaks that occur without you knowing can cause some of the most extensive damages. Unlike with a burst pipe or dripping faucet, you may not realize that a hidden water leak is occurring until materials in your home are completely ruined and need replacing. Furthermore, even a small water leak will cost you extra money on your water bills. To conserve water in Seattle, save money, and prevent damages to your home, it’s important to know the less-obvious signs of a water leak so that you can call your Seattle plumber right away when one occurs at your home.
The Not-So-Obvious Signs of Water Leaks in Seattle
- Low Water Pressure – One of the causes of poor water pressure is a leaky plumbing pipe. When some of your water leaks out before it reaches its destination, the pressure can be decreased.
- An Increased Water Bill – Sure, your water bill may fluctuate a little throughout the months, but if you notice an unexplainable sudden increase, it’s probably because water is leaking out some place without you knowing.
- Mold, Mildew, & Musty Odors – Water leaks can create damp areas up in ceilings or on floors. These damp areas are perfect spots for mold and mildew to grow, and often a musty smell is created.
- Foundation Cracks – Leaks that continue over time can cause serious structural damage. If you notice that cracks have suddenly appeared in your home’s foundation, contact a plumber ASAP.
- The Sound of Running Water – If no one in your household is using a plumbing fixture, washing machine, or dishwasher, you shouldn’t be able to hear running water. If you hear the sound of running water coming from a toilet or anywhere else, you probably have a leak.
The expert plumbers at Raymark Plumbing provide leak detection service, pipe repairs, and pipe replacements in New Orleans. If you suspect a water leak at your home, give us a call so that we can put a stop to the damage and the waste right away!