Looking to make your home a little more economically and environmentally friendly? Then you might be interested in installing a tankless water heater. They can save you money on your electricity bills and seem to be a great option for eco-friendly homeowners.
However, before you take the plunge and have a tankless water heater added to your home, there are some things you should know.
The Advantages of a Tankless Water Heater
- No more cold showers! Tankless water heaters essentially never run out of hot water because they can deliver a continuous supply at preset temperature levels.
- Unlike a traditional water heater, a tankless water heater only starts to heat water when there is a demand for it. That means you’re only using precious energy when you need it.
- Tankless water heaters tend to be safer because they only operate when you request hot water. That means fewer chances of accidental burns.
- They can last up to 20 years, so you won’t have to worry about replacing them as often as you do traditional water heaters.
The Disadvantages of a Tankless Water Heater
- Installing a tankless water heater can cost you twice as much as installing a new traditional one.
- After you pay for the pricey installment, you’ll probably have to budget for additional expenses like necessary piping, good ventilation and more.
- Tankless water heaters are more complicated than the traditional units. If you are planning to easily install it yourself, think again.
If you have an interest in installing a tankless water heater, you can minimize the disadvantages by contacting a professional plumbing company like Raymark Plumbing. That way, licensed professionals will handle the complicated installment and help educate you on what your tankless water heater needs. To schedule an installation appointment with Raymark or to speak to a plumbing professional, call 206-440-9077 or visit their website.