Sewer Repair and Replacement
Raymark Plumbing and Sewer specializes in sewer repair and replacement. We not only have the skills and tools needed to repair or replace your sewer line, but we are the Seattle experts in this field. We are also registered Side Sewer Contractors and are licensed to work in the City of Seattle right-of-way. Call Raymark for all of your sewer needs.
Symptoms of a Clogged Sewer
When one or more drain lines are clogged, you may hear a gurgling sound, or see your toilet water bubbling, or you may have water backing up in your shower, bathtub, or laundry sink. Slow drains and frequent backups are symptoms that often first appear on the lower level of your home. If you are experiencing any symptoms of a clogged sewer, call Raymark Plumbing and Sewer. We determine the cause of the problem and offer you options that help get your drain lines running smoothly.
Common Sewer Issues
- Tree roots – Tree roots seek water. Over time they can penetrate sewer lines and then partially or fully block the line.
- Broken or sagging pipes – When a side sewer line sags or bellies from ground changes such as soil erosion or earthquake, or from aging pipes, waste may not be able to exit efficiently. Since flow is gravity dependent, waste may seep out underground or into any nearby openings. On a broken pipe, an opening may allow dirt, mud, grass, leaves and rodents to enter the pipe. All of these can contribute to a partial or full blockage and a backup in your home.
- Toilet debris – Treating a toilet as a garbage can will lead to sewer issues. Do not flush wipes, diapers, grease or anything with string down the toilet. See Raymark’s Toilet page for more information on how to treat your toilet.
- Garbage disposal debris– Don’t put large amounts of food or grease down the disposal. It was designed to handle only small amounts of food debris. See Raymark’s Garbage Disposal page for more information on how to treat your disposal.
- Hair – hair enters drain lines usually through the bathroom sink and shower. After brushing hair, put loose hair in the garbage, never throw it into the toilet. See Raymark’s Drain Cleaning and Repair page for more information on how to treat your drain lines.
Raymark Plumbing & Sewer can resolve any of these sewer issues. We’ve been doing this work over 40 years in the Seattle area. We are familiar with Seattle sewer lines and offer full or partial sewer line repair and replacement.
We recommend putting as little garbage down your drain lines as possible. This one change in your home habits could prevent thousands of dollars in sewer line repair.
- Save cooking grease and fat in a disposable container and then place the container in your garbage can. Never put grease down a drain, as it will congeal and clog.
- Use a screen to cover drain openings to collect hair and soap products from going down the bathroom drain
- Place small garbage containers in your bathroom and kitchen, and laundry room to catch those items you usually flush down the toilet, put down your garbage disposal, or rinse down your bathroom sink
- Schedule an annual tree root cutting if you have a yard full of trees. We can send a snake with cutting blades thorough the sewer line to remove the roots and then camera the line to see if any damage has occurred. Our special cameras allow us to inspect lines underground, below a patio or driveway, and beneath your home’s foundation.
Call our expert and knowledgeable sewer and drain technicians to help resolve all of your sewer and drain line problems.